Emergency SOP followed at covaicare communities
- Resident Health Manager to call the ambulance driver on duty or the tie up hospital.
- RHM to ensure the resident’s medical file is carried along by the attender.
- RHM to coordinate the hospital admission and explain the condition of the resident.
- RHM to inform the Senior Health Manager who in turn would keep the Senior Medical officer and the Local Medical Officer informed of the admission
- Daily Health Status Report to be sent to SHM, SMO, MO, VP (Care), VP (Services) and MD until the resident is discharged.
- RHM to inform the children/guardian of the resident about the admission and status.
- The RM or RHM must visit the resident/patient in the hospital daily until discharged.
- If any resident is single and wants caregiver’s support, the RM will ensure such assistance is provided and charged. VP (Care) and RMs should already have a tie up with good agencies like Portea with a MoU signed after negotiating.
- RHM to ensure that the resident follows the Hospital’s post discharge advice on do’s and don’ts. Also monitor their medication.
- RHM to coordinate a visit by the Medical Officer.
- The Medial Officer to check the basic parameters of the resident and record it.
- If the hospital admission was due to a fall, RHM to coordinate with the Physiotherapist for further recovery.
- RHM to monitor and record health status of the resident until it comes to normalcy.
- Any evacuation to the care centres like ACC, Memory care, etc., RHM is to ensure that the medical file of the resident is handed over to the Nurse at the care centre and a signature is obtained. On return from the care centre same is followed.
- Senior Medical Officer will monitor the resident at the care centres through the RHM.